The information we collect
Whenever you shop with us we obtain from you the information we need to complete your transaction. This may include your name, address, telephone number, driver’s license number, birth date, and e-mail address. If you use a credit or debit card or pay by check, it will include your account number.
When you register with us as an online customer, we may ask for additional information, such as your favorite products.
If you use one of our services, or participate in one of our promotions or sweepstakes, we may ask for additional information, such as your age, interests or product preferences.
From your purchases and other interactions with us, we obtain information concerning the specific products or services you purchase or use.
To improve our Web site, we collect non-personal information about how users navigate through the site. This statistical information does not include individual names or personal data, so it does not identify you or any other customer.
We DO NOT share this information with anyone.
How we use the information we collect
We use the information we collect for various purposes, including:
- to complete your purchase transactions
- to provide the services you request
- to send you our catalogs and other offerings by mail
- to keep you informed about the status of your orders
- to identify your product and service preferences, so we can notify you of new or additional products, services, and promotions that might be of interest to you
- to notify you of product recalls or provide other information concerning products you have purchased
- to improve our merchandise selections, customer service, and overall shopping experience A “cookie” is a small data file stored by your Web browser on your computer’s hard drive. It allows us to recognize your computer (but not specifically who is using it) upon entering our site by associating the identification numbers in the cookie with other customer information you have provided us. That customer information is stored on our secured database.
Accepting cookies through your Web browser is your personal choice.
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act took effect on April 21, 2000. It imposes certain requirements on Web sites directed at children under 13 that collect information on those children, and on Web sites that knowingly collect information on children under 13.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 on our Web site, and our online sweepstakes are restricted to entrants who are at least 18 years old.
No one under the age of 15 should submit any personal information to this or any other Web site without the consent of a parent or guardian.